[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.24-5 dev build released

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 13:01:46 EST 2013

I wanted to say how much I was enjoying catching up on this thread.

I think only one question came up for me during it, which is support
for a bfifo and pfifo qdisc? (if I missed something let me know )
Support for these are darn useful for the research and I have long
meant to fold in the modified code I use for that. Byte limits are
very common for cable and dsl technologies and doing tests with
64k,128k,256k, and 512k bfifos is quite revealing. (I have a ton of
plots lying about for this, I should put them up somewhere)

Sooo... I just checked in the limit stuff (untested) into aqm-scripts.
It requires that the limit option be dynamic and exposed to the gui,
and in the case of a bfifo is a byte limit rather than a packet limit.
There needs to be sane values for limit clamped somehow, as 1000 bytes
would be bad, and 512000 packets would be bad also.

As for folding the selection of bfifo or pfifo into the gui, it's not
clear that we are doing "researcher mode", vs "mom mode" in a suitably
abstract way. Certainly I can imagine many a researcher wanting the
gui.

While I'm at it, there are some statistics like drops, and backlog,
etc, that a gui-ish interface might help.

polling tc -s qdisc show dev ge00 # and/or class show dev ge00

I am curious if anyone is seeing the DMA tx error in 3.10.24-5? I have
one box that has now been up 4.4 days with no errors, but I haven't
pushed it. I'll be beating it up through the weekend and taking a look
at the gui work so far.