[Cerowrt-devel] Cero 3.10.24-5 no longer supports multiple AQMs?

Richard O rocon46 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 24 10:26:25 EST 2013

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/armory.com/3.10.24.5/oneway/149.20.63.30.rrul-ethernet-ecn.svg

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/armory.com/unshaped/149.20.63.30.rrul-comcast_unshaped.svg

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/armory.com/3.10.24.5/149.20.63.30.rrul_noclassification-ethernet-ecn.svg

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/armory.com/3.10.24.5/149.20.63.30.rrul-wondershaper.svg

> I do not know to what extent DPI is used to mess with torrents, but I
> got a good 50 client download going of ubuntu and still had very good
> performance for normal tcp, and web pages are pretty good, too.
>
> http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/armory.com/with_torrent/ipv4-2.svg
>
> (as always these dirs contain far more data than just what I'm cherry
> picking above, notably a bunch of simpler tcp up/down/bidir plots.
> feel free to move around)

Wow, those RRUL graphs show some interesting stuff. It's cool to know
fq_codel does everything really well, and I had no idea fq_codel can still
differentiate between UDP EF traffic and UDP BE traffic w/o having to
prioritize them into different htb leafs first. I guess that kinda makes my
classification rules redundant, I suppose.

Anyway, I got the idea shaping inbound traffic didn't do much while I was
looking up about what Cero and fq_codel was about waaay back when I was
deciding on whether I should try it out. I'm not sure which forum I stumbled
upon, learning that particular bit of information, but that's all I took
from it. It's good to know I was wrong.

Also, you don't have to bother looking at my script. Everything works as
well as I could hope for and I'm sure you have much more important things to
be focused on. Again, thanks for taking the time to help out a smuck like me.

(Sorry, I had to remove all the quoted text. It just wouldn't let me post no
matter what I did.)