[Cerowrt-devel] SQM Question #1: How does SQM shape the ingress?

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 23:31:33 EST 2013

As I write the SQM page, I find I have questions that I can’t answer myself. I’m going to post these questions separately because they’ll each generate their own threads of conversation.

QUESTION #1: How does SQM shape the ingress?

I know that fq_codel can shape the egress traffic by discarding traffic for an individual flow that has dwelt in its queue for too long (greater than the target). Other queue disciplines use other metrics for shaping the outbound traffic.

But how does CeroWrt shape the inbound traffic? (I have a sense that the simple.qos and simplest.qos scripts are involved, but I’m not sure of anything beyond that.)