[Cerowrt-devel] MacBook Pro (Snow Leopard) constantly renaming

Alex Hulse ah at amch.net
Sun Feb 3 06:34:42 EST 2013

Hi there

A while ago this problem was reported as happening and it was decided that it is to be blamed on avahi and the reflector functionality in it. I think Dave said that the bug had been reported but that nothing had been done about it upstream - I looked but couldn't find a specific bug on avahi's trac.

When I had a cero like set up with plain openwrt (routed rather than bridged) with avahi running I had the same happen to my apple devices (iMac, MacBook, airport express, time capsule and appletv). I think this points to something "wrong" in avahi's implementation of the spec or an apple specific (but not device specific) quirk in handling it.

Alex