[Cerowrt-devel] 3.7.5-2 released

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 20:45:46 EST 2013

Dave,

Congratulations on this new version. It's looking good. I ran my "configuring all the standard stuff" script and the IPv6 configuration script, and both worked as expected. They're "config.sh" and "tunnelbroker.sh", respectively, on the wiki's "Files" tab - http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/files. You can use these scripts to make the following configuration changes easily and repeatably after flashing a new version of the firmware. (You can comment out sections to match your own preferences.)

- Update the root password
- Set the time zone
- Enable SNMP for traffic monitoring and measurements
- Enable NetFlow export for traffic analysis
- Enable mDNS/ZeroConf on the ge00 (WAN) interface
- Change default IP addresses and subnets for interfaces
- Change default DNS names
- Change default wireless SSID names
- Change the QoS settings (may not be necessary, but this how to do it)
- Change the wireless security credentials
- Set up an IPv6 tunnel and give each of the local interfaces its own /64 subnet

One continuing problem with CeroWrt (and probably the underlying OpenWrt base) is that the IPv6 tunnel does not automatically re-establish itself if there's a problem. For example, if my DSL at home gets a new IP address, the tunnel to Hurricane Electric goes down. I have to use an HTTPS query (listed in the tunnelbroker.sh script) to re-establish the tunnel.

Does anyone on this list know how to force the reconnect when the 6in4 tunnel goes down? If not, what's the right list to get this question? Thanks.

Rich Brown
Hanover, NH USA