[Cerowrt-devel] stanford talk/deluged in hardware/yurtlab

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Mon Feb 4 01:09:45 EST 2013

On Sun, 3 Feb 2013 10:17:42 AM Dave Taht wrote:
> Well, I see it for 320.

Yes, too much. At $220 it's good value and with a newer model out now
I expect this price to drop under $200 AUD (inc delivery) during 2013.

> Then you need to add a SSD,

I've got a 4 Bay 2.5" SATA Removable Rack for the CD slot so I see the
N40L as a catchall for my future hand me down 3.5" and 2.5" SATA drives
on a real 3GB/s (maybe 6GB/s) SATA bus.

> and a decent network card,

Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5723 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 10)

> Awful big, tho, in an era where I can get 1/2TB on an 2.5 inch SSD.

I see it as a centralised private cloud server with up to 12TB of RAID1
that is all-round useful enough to be just about anything, even a primary
workstation in a pinch with Radeon HD4200 VGA out.

Hereabouts (AU) they are very popular so I was kind of hoping that maybe
the N40L (at ~$200) could be the basis of an "official" 64 bit version
of CeroWrt based on the UML target.