[Cerowrt-devel] TFO crashes cerowrt 3.7.1-1

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 09:04:02 PST 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Ketan Kulkarni <ketkulka at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Dave.
> I upgraded my 3800 to 3.7.1-1. It is working for day to day Internet activity.
>
> However, I am not able to get through even a single TCP TFO
> connection. The router restarts as soon as it sees the TFO connection.
> Looks like SYN+Data is crashing the box (see attached trace captured
> on lo iface of cero). logread, dmesg did not show anything. I don't
> know whether its kernel panic.
>
> Any pointers to debug further?
>
> This is strange as 3.6 was working for SYN+Data cases.
>
> However the difference from previous instance is the polipo server
> with TFO running on cero box.
> Client may run on same cero or on my laptop which in either case
> crashes the box.
>
> On 3.7, if I run the TFO client on cero box and TFO server on the
> laptop, it still works but not the reverse.
>
> Any thoughts?

I suspect that the new TFO code hasn't been tested much on mips. Am
glad you are doing so!

I got my replacement wndr3800s a few days ago, and will put the next
build through the TFO wringer (as well as attach a serial console).
That said, perhaps your bug report best belongs on netdev where there
are a couple people working hard on TFO and at least one has a cerowrt
capable box...

Does TFO successfully pass through the router?