[Cerowrt-devel] TFO crashes cerowrt 3.7.1-1

Robert Bradley robert.bradley1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 17:25:34 EST 2013

On 04/01/13 20:42, Maciej Soltysiak wrote:
> This is very weird, because TFO is TCP and the DNS queries fired off by
> polipo are UDP:
> root at OpenWrt:/tmp/log# tcpdump -n -v -vv -vvv -x -X -s 1500 -i lo
<snip>
> This is the only DNS traffic I saw during the attempts. The tcpdumps have
> udp bad checksum but when I disabled TFO in polipo, the UDP where still bad
> checksum but they worked.
> Really weird.

I think this is a side effect of the loopback interface not processing
checksums by default.  I will be more worried if the checksum errors
also occur on ge00, but am not ruling out problems with the unaligned
access patches yet.

As an aside, I've noticed very occasional issues connecting to
(IPv4-only) sites using both Sugarland and the 3.6.10 release, which
gets fixed when the connection is retried.  I have been unable to repeat
this on demand, however.

--
Robert Bradley