[Cerowrt-devel] slightly OT: WMM

Maciej Soltysiak maciej at soltysiak.com
Wed Jan 9 08:52:40 EST 2013

Hi,

Aside from reducing buffers and changing the queue management tactics,
we're still interested in QoS and that's why we have tc filters, iptables
MARKing, etc.

With regard to WLAN, what do you think about enabling or disabling WMM on
WLAN NICs and ap/routers?

Supposing that applications or other mechanisms to proper DSCP or layer 2
tagging this should allow WMM to further do the prioritization on layer 1,
however I've read a WMM-enabled station is like 4 stations competing for
medium time. Is that analogy justified? Is that good or bad in terms of
delays incurred by signal quality?

Regards,
Maciej