[Cerowrt-devel] [Codel] happy 4th!

Andrew McGregor andrewmcgr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 03:30:00 EDT 2013

Possibly a better simulation environment than netem would be ns-3's NSC
(network simulation cradle), which lets you connect up multiple VMs over an
emulated network in userspace... obviously, you better have a multicore
system with plenty of resources available, but it works very nicely and
needs no physical network at all.  ns-3 virtual network nodes also speak
real protocols, so you can talk to them with real tools as well (netcat to
a ns-3 virtual node, for example, or ping them).  I suppose it would be
possible also to bridge one of the TAP devices ns-3 is talking on with a
real interface.