[Cerowrt-devel] babeld change

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 17:55:56 EDT 2013

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
> Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> There is a lot of interesting work coming up on babel, and I've not
>> got around to trying to merge the homenet work into quagga. I am
>> thinking of switching back (at least temporarily) to the standalone
>> babeld daemon rather than quagga-babeld to test out the algorithms
>> there. Any objections?
>
> Fine with me; I've been exclusively running the standalone babeld. Note
> that the new multi-wan IPv6 stuff makes babel not pick up the default

Hmm. Does this mean you have 6in4 working correctly in your build of
cero? I'm still just doing it with a script, not netifd.

> routes for ipv6 unless you add extra import_table statements. My
> /etc/config/babel has this in it:
>
> config general
>         option 'conf_file' '/etc/babeld.conf'
>         list 'import_table' '254'
>         list 'import_table' '1007'
>
> The last value might vary depending on the setup; not sure how the table
> names are generated by netifd, but it's been quite stable on my device
> at 1007.

Hmm. We're back at wanting a message bus or std kernel api for dealing
with the ip rule database again... I fear that things like openvpn or
strongswan will really mess with this.

> There's a patch for babeld to support this in ceropackages, but if

Babel head has three branches doing new stuff. In particular, the
configuration syntax is changing in some respects...

hah. I just realized that a couple of the commits in babeld head were
yours. cool. no need for me to lecture.

One thing that always bugged me about previous versions of babeld was
that it didn't chomp whitespace at the end of a line, hopefully that's
fixed somewhere in this patch series...

> you're going to go to newest git it should have been merged upstream.
> The init script in ceropackages is patched to support this syntax;
> haven't gotten that upstreamed to openwrt iirc...

While I'm at it I note that robert bradley's attempt at atomic route
updates for babel appears to fail on 3.10rc3 on x86, leaving behind
routes, and or leaving behind permanently unreachable ones. Sigh.