[Cerowrt-devel] [Babel-users] Lookingfor

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 12:35:49 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 3:34 PM,  <jp at nexedi.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> > There is a budget available in a public institution to sponsor a PhD
>> > student who would work on babel.
>>
>> Do you have a topic in mind?  Who would be the supervisor?  What's the
>> deadline?
>
> Everything can be discussed as long as it helps re6st or SlapOS to achieve further resiliency on enterprise applications.
>
> Supervisor would be at ENST.
>
> Current ideas:
> - scalability of babel (1,000,000 nodes network with no backbone)
> - ability for public babel network to survive attacks
> - new metrics
>
> Regards,
>
> JPS.

Scaling dv to a million is something of a challenge.

I would dearly like someone to work with on attempting to implement
new metrics in babel.

Juliusz has described multiple possibilities that seemed promising
that neither he nor I have had time to work on in isolation.

Also fred baker has outlined some interesting ideas for SRC/DST
routing  and address assignment that were just demoed in the ietf
homenet's ospf implementation last week. I think many of the same
ideas and tlvs can be carried over into babel.

Now that I am wrapping up the bufferbloat work

(see cablemodem results at:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/86/slides/slides-86-iccrg-3.pdf )

I can also conceive possibilities for wifi congestion and link quality
aware metrics that haven't been tried before...

I hinted at some of them at the MIT talk, "what's wrong with wireless"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wksh2DPHCDI&feature=youtu.be