[Cerowrt-devel] Latest codel, fq_codel, and pie sim study from cablelabs now available

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed May 1 07:23:00 EDT 2013

Greg White and his team over at cablelabs have just published their
latest simulation results of the aqm algorithms under test on
simulated cable modems.

This paper is vastly expanded from the presentation at ietf 86 iccrg,
including great descriptions the effects of latency on web, voice, and
gaming traffic, and of codel, fq_codel, and pie. There's an excellent
and deep section on the characteristics of gaming traffic, a ton of
new graphs and analysis, and much much more.

http://www.cablelabs.com/downloads/pubs/Active_Queue_Management_Algorithms_DOCSIS_3_0.pdf

While I have a few quibbles, I'll reserve them until after more folk
have had a chance to read this.

It's good stuff.