[Cerowrt-devel] optimizing for very small bandwidths with fq_codel better?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri May 3 01:01:48 EDT 2013

On Thu, 2 May 2013, Dave Taht wrote:

> 1) I think there's a bug in either the kernel or tc or me on tos matching,

Taking a guess here...

The TOS byte is 8 bytes. So EF is 46, which is 0x2e, and then you need to
left-shift it 2 bits because it's the most significant 6 bits, you get
0xb8 (if my early morning pre-breakfast hex calculations are correct). Try
matching on that and see if it works.

Some programs use the whole TOS byte, some just do the 6 DSCP bits. I
usually end up using tcpdump to see on the wire what the program actually
does.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se