[Cerowrt-devel] 4300 or 3700v4 support?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon May 27 09:40:12 EDT 2013

forking this thread...

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 6:32 AM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 2:32 AM, David Lang <david at lang.hm> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 26 May 2013, Lance Hepler wrote:
>>
>>  That's tragic. I just picked up a Netgear WNDR4300 (openbox on sale at
>>> the
>>> local Fry's) to see if I could hack up a CeroWrt clone on it. It seems to
>>> be mostly the same hardware as the WNDR3700v4 and the TP-Link WDR43[01]0,
>>> with things just wired up slightly differently.
>>>

>> As I understnad it, the difference between the WNDR3700v4 and WNDR4300 is
>> that the 4300 has a slightly better wireless chip.
>>
>> Unfortunantly from what I've seen so far, they did something wierd with
>> the storage and as a result the stock openwrt can't access it. I've seen
>> reports of people getting it to run from an initramfs, but this means that
>> no settings can be preserved across reboot.
>>
>> If you've seen anything different, I'd be very interested to hear about
>> it (I picked up a 3700v4 and a couple 4300's for testing)
>>

> according to a birdie, "it looks like it's an ONFI with quirks, or nobody
> has realised that it's ONFI at all.". Perhaps that's enough clue to get
> someone started? but I fear jtag debugging will be needed. Flash chips tend
> to have interesting race conditions....

Same birdie:

"Ok, according to
http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/nand-data/nanddata.html<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linux-mtd.infradead.org%2Fnand-data%2Fnanddata.html&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGiWikrVFzTMiaKh-hXh2QW16hAzQ>it
has a detection bug, that may or may not be significant.
So, it's ONFI 1.0 with quirks
(part is a *Micron 29F1G08ABADA)"

*

Fixing bufferbloat with cerowrt: