[Cerowrt-devel] CeroWrt 3.10.18-1 Field Report

Richard E. Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 10:53:33 EST 2013

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for looking at this. So it seems that keeping the configuration when using sysupgrade caused the problem.

> I now begin to understand why Dave recommends against using the "keep configuration" setting for sys upgrade :) there is just too much in flux for it to work for all sub packages.
> That said it should be possible to restrict the set of kept settings to those settings that should not differ between cerowrt and openWRT (I think the PPPoE setting should qualify). But I have not looked into that yet.

Another (and better, and simpler) alternative would be for me to add the PPPoE credential-setting lines to the existing script on the Files tab of the wiki. That way, I could use sysupgrade back to the factory defaults, then use the script to get consistent settings on my router.

I’ll post when I’ve updated it. Best,

Rich