[Cerowrt-devel] CeroWrt 3.10.18-1: Computers don't get IPv6 address from HE.net 6in4

Richard E. Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 09:15:12 EST 2013

Another observation about CeroWrt 3.10.18-1 on my WNDR3800.

I set up a 6in4 tunnel through Hurricane Electric using my tunnel.sh script that’s posted to the wiki. This has worked properly in the past. The problem is that the router gets an IPv6 address, but computers attached to that router don’t.

In the router, all the interfaces seem to have the expected /64 subnet. I can ping IPv6 hosts (ipv6.google.com, for example) from the router. This router is my secondary router; I am also running CeroWrt 3.10.18-1 on my primary router (but it is not doing IPv6 at all).

However, neither of my Macs nor my Win7 computer get an IPv6 address. In an earlier message, Dave asked if dnsmasq is running, and I see that I have *two* copies:

root at cerowrt:~# ps | grep dnsmasq
 2932 nobody    1508 S    /usr/sbin/dnsmasq -C /var/etc/dnsmasq.conf -k
 2934 root      1436 S    /usr/sbin/dnsmasq -C /var/etc/dnsmasq.conf -k
26609 root      1700 S    grep dnsmasq

Any thoughts?

Rich