[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt 3.10.17-3 released

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 22:10:36 EDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Stephen Hemminger
<stephen at networkplumber.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 14:04:24 -0700
> Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > + this fixes the lighttppd bug noted in -2.
>> > + has support for signed packages
>> > + better random support
>> > + tested long enough to check for the -2 regression
>> >
>> > - doesn't do https yet
>> > - still abuses rc.local for starting up late daemons
>> > - sysupgrade still busted, please use this to upgrade:
>> >
>> > mtd -r write openwrt-ar71xx-generic-wndr3700v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
>> > firmware # but with the correct firmware name
>> >
>> > Get it at:
>> >
>> > http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/cerowrt/wndr/3.10.17-3/
>> >

>> > --
>> > Dave Täht
>>
>> Also, I added optional support for the mildly misnamed port-mirroring package
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/port-mirroring/
>>
>> It's not very fast so I don't think it's useful for much on this arch.
>>
>> I have tagged and pushed out the sources for this release also. There
>> are very few things left that are truly bothersome (besides
>> sysupgrade), and most are landing this week (notably pie).
>
> This is the slowest way to implement SPAN, in userspace using libpcap.
> The fastest is to use tc mirred action but no one seems to know about it.

And still don't... unless you elucidate?! Do you mean the TEE target?

In this case I was looking to get data from the wifi interfaces to a
server on the
lan, and tzsp seemed the best approach... until it benchmarked out so
darn slow. I don't mind losing the raw data and using the TEE
target...

It would be cool to have a tzsp target though, as that can run on an AP far, far
away from the server.