[Cerowrt-devel] Bringing asio to *WRT

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Mon Sep 9 09:09:30 EDT 2013

On 09/09/13 00:57, Dave Taht wrote:
> OK, well, I tossed it into ceropackages. it builds. It pulls in the
> boost headers for some reason. Is there some specific package on top
> of this for the webrtc stack you have package makefiles for?

I think it needs boost in order to run test cases and some example
programs and there are some optional features, like regex support, which
do require parts of boost

I just did

   ldd /usr/sbin/reTurnServer

on Debian and it doesn't show any linkage against boost libraries
though, it uses the non-Boost headers-only version of asio

Here is the most recent discussion of the reSIProcate patch, including
reTurn, Jiri has agreed to add it to the telephony packages set but he
has been blocked by the asio package:

     http://patchwork.openwrt.org/patch/4025/

With v1.8, you get TURN and regular SIP.  The full SIP over WebSocket
server support for WebRTC is coming in the v1.9 release in a few weeks.
To have full WebRTC support in *WRT would also require a HTML client in
the Web UI, JsSIP would be part of that http://tryit.jssip.net