[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.34-4 dev build released

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 15:36:37 PDT 2014

Is there a recent version that people had that was seemingly stable for
wifi that we could step back to and bisect from? Something where
you had heavy wifu use for week(s) without a problem?

(I know that until we got focused on this, and people focused on
reporting it, that maybe it was happening in releases I'd otherwise
considered to be "pretty good"... so please report in on your "best"
releases this year...)

Worst case we can step back to that kernel for a while and proceed forward
on all the other stuff. I know I crave stability at this point, and I'm
unhappy that everyone here is unhappy, too...

Regrettably since losing my lab I have not been in a position to easily
test wifi to any huge extent. I'm slowly building that up (but for example
no longer have a mac to test with)

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Neil Shepperd <nshepperd at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just flashed 3.10.34-4 to my new WNDR3800 and experienced the exact
> wifi hang described by Toke Høiland-Jørgensen. But I'm on the 2.4GHz
> network (with guest and babel disabled). Unfortunately I didn't think to
> try tracing anything from the router side before resetting the wireless.

cool you disabled guest and babel. So far we've sort of ruled out
6in4 tunnelling, and syn flood protection.

Sounds like you are going to stick with -4 for a bit?

what I've been doing is mounting a usb stick, and just running continuously
on the stick

tcpdump -s 128 -i ge00 -w ge00.cap &
tcpdump -s 128 -i sw00 -w sw00.cap &

This definately hurts performance...

And it's probably time to do a tcpdump on the connected device as well.

In terms of other diags... (any suggestions?)

> Syslog was filled with a lot of
>
> DHCPDISCOVER(sw00) [MAYBE IP] [MAC ADDRESS]
> DHCPOFFER(sw00) [IP] [MAC ADDRESS]

Hmm. OK, this brings back the device driver into the equation... I
WAS seeing dhcp and arp requests "getting through" from the captures,
and it seemed like arp in particular was getting through...

> but the offers aren't being received at my laptop.
>
> Just another data point I guess.

Well, I'd hoped it would be a confirming one rather than one opening
up more questions.