[Cerowrt-devel] another contender for new cerowrt hardware :)

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Wed Apr 2 13:56:43 EDT 2014

Hi List,

I just stumbled over the successor of the geode based a lix boards:
http://www.pcengines.ch/apu1c.htm
from the specs:
• CPU: AMD G series T40E, 1 GHz dual Bobcat core with 64 bit support, 32K data + 32K instruction + 512K L2 cache per core
• DRAM: 2 or 4 GB DDR3-1066 DRAM
• Storage: Boot from SD card (connected through USB), external USB or m-SATA SSD. 1 SATA + power connector.
• 12V DC, about 6 to 12W depending on CPU load. Jack = 2.5 mm, center positive
• Connectivity: 3 Gigabit Ethernet channels (Realtek RTL8111E)
• I/O: DB9 serial port, 2 USB external + 2 internal, three front panel LEDs, pushbutton
• Expansion: 2 miniPCI express (one with SIM socket), LPC bus, GPIO header, I2C bus, COM2 (3.3V RXD / TXD)
• Board size: 6 x 6" (152.4 x 152.4 mm) - same as ALIX.2D13 and WRAP.1E
• Firmware: CoreBoot (please contact support at pcengines.ch for source code if desired).
• Cooling: Conductive cooling from the CPU and south bridge to the enclosure using a 3 mm alu heat spreader (included).

also this has a RTC (as to be expected this thing is basically a low spec pc…). Maybe this can work for all user classes as the 2GB version retails for EUR 140 in germany (then this still needs a case and a power supply and a radio card and antennas, but looking at the pc engines price list the full package should be around EUR 200, so still in the ball park range of an enthusiast router). Now I am sure the NUC and chrome boxes pack more punch for slightly more $, but this thing has 3 Gigabit Ethernet ports and should therefore work as interred gateway router out of the box...

Best Regards
	Sebastian