[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.36-4 released

Robert Bradley robert.bradley1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 10:06:25 EDT 2014

On 10/04/2014 14:48, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 23:45:23 -0700, Dave Taht said:
>> + dnsmasq 2.69 with dnssec enabled by default
>> + possible workaround for wifi bug #442 in increased qlen_*
>> + fix for ipv6 access to https://gw.home.lan:81
>> + fresh merge with opewrt
>> + update to 2048 bit cert generation
>> + fix for openssl heartbleed (fix also in -3) bug
>> + tested for an hour
>> + change to sqm to basically always use "simplest.qos" on inbound
>>
>> - I'm very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very tired.
>>
>> I really hope this results in a stable cerowrt. Please beat the hell out of it.
> Trying to flash openwrt-ar71xx-generic-wndr3800-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
> gets me this message at the bottom of the screen:
>
> The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform.

Try using TFTP with the *factory.img file instead, since that worked for me.

On a separate note, this new release seems to work fine, unlike my
attempts to automate configuration changes!  The only two issues I had were:

- I had to add my cable modem configuration address to the BCP38
exception list (192.168.100.1).  This gets used for nothing except
configuration and checking the modem logs so this is understandable.  I
also end up adding a static route anyway since if Internet breaks, I
need a route to the modem...
- dnsmasq's default of dnssec-check-unsigned broke my DNS, since my ISP
servers do not support DNSSEC.  In that case, everything winds up as
failing.

Other than that it seems fine for the moment.

--
Robert Bradley