[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.36-4 released

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 12:31:20 EDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 7:52 AM, Daniel Ezell <dezell at stonescry.com> wrote:
> I've installed 3.10.36-4 a couple hours ago on a wndr3800 and everything is
> working well so far.
>
> A couple questions:
>
> redwoodcu.org is not coming up (as in can't find the server) but the ip
> address is working. Firefox DNSSEC Validator 1.1.5
> informs me that they have an invalid domain name signature. Do you all get
> the same error? Should I call their IT dept?

Yes.

> I'm working toward setting up a trio (possible quartet) of APs in a single
> network. I'd like to pick up a couple more wndr3800s and install cerowrt on
> them. In what way will babel Just Work® if I just plug two or three of them
> into one acting as the gateway? I want a seamless(ish) wireless signal
> throughout a three building campus.

yes.

> I'm working toward setting up a trio (possible quartet) of APs in a single
> network. I'd like to pick up a couple more wndr3800s and install cerowrt on
> them. In what way will babel Just Work® if I just plug two or three of them
> into one acting as the gateway?

Change the router ip addresses to be unique, etc.

Instructions for  setting up exterior router  and interior routers are here:

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Setting_up_an_interior_gateway_router

They no  doubt can be improved.

>I want a seamless(ish) wireless signal
> throughout a three building campus.

If by  seamless  you mean roaming, that would  require  bridging  the
wifis together which I've never  got  around to  writing documentation
 to.  Both WDS  and
BATMAN are  supported. You  can also   roam  by default by installing
babel+ahcp  +  adhoc
mode on your device.

If by  seamless you mean "able to access resources  across the campus"  the
above link  does it for everything except mdns.