[Cerowrt-devel] Network behavior of Moca bridges

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 16:03:02 EDT 2014

Obviously my ascii art skills are in decline in an age when I don't know
when I have 72 chars to deal with. Trying the more complex topology
again:

 source 1                                   source 2
       |                                              |
  moca bridge  1                        moca bridge 2
                      \                        /
                       \                      /
                      shared moca cable

                      moca device or bridges

Or your more classic:

 source 1                                   source 2
       |                                              |
  moca bridge  1                        moca bridge 2
                      \                        /
                       \                      /
                      shared moca cable
  moca bridge  3                        moca bridge 4
     sink 5                                  sink 6

In my world the distinction between source and sink
is kind of vague as all traffic is bidirectional, whether that
be as basic as an ack, or a file being streamed elsewhere.

I am under the impression however that moca can receive
multicast video streams, which have no equivalent.