[Cerowrt-devel] [aqm] chrome web page benchmarker fixed

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 15:29:05 EDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Greg White <g.white at cablelabs.com> wrote:
> On 4/18/14, 1:05 PM, "Dave Taht" <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Greg White <g.white at cablelabs.com>
>>wrote:
>>>
>>> The choice of RTTs also came from the web traffic captures. I saw
>>> RTTmin=16ms, RTTmean=53.8ms, RTTmax=134ms.
>>
>>Get a median?
>
> Median value was 62ms.
>

>>My own stats are probably quite skewed lower from being in california,
>>and doing some tests from places like isc.org in redwood city, which
>>is insanely well
>>co-located.
>
> Mine are probably skewed too. I was told that global median (at the time I
> collected this data) was around 100ms.

Well, the future is already here, just not evenly distributed. Nearly every
sample I'd taken at the same time as from, almost entirely from major
cities, came in at under 70ms median.

It strikes me that a possibly useful metric would be object size vs RTT,
over time.

NSFW: https://w2.eff.org/Censorship/Internet_censorship_bills/russell_0296_indecent.article