[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.36-6 released

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sun Apr 20 16:46:49 EDT 2014

Hi Dave,

On Apr 19, 2014, at 22:01 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> + felix's wifi patch for bug #442 added
>   please break wifi.
>
> + debloat qlens reduced again to 12 for be and bk wifi queues
> + heartbleed fix from -3 forward
>
> I note that nearly every "secured"-by-openssl network facing daemon has been
> shown vulnerable to heartbleed. The hole in openvpn bit *me*, in
> particular. I've updated, rekeyed and re-certified the vpns I have in
> place, and you should too for any openvpn servers and clients you have
> too.
>
> It was a real PITA for me, and I only had a few boxes on it.
>
> For more details, see: http://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/heartbleed
>
> For more details on the daemons potentially affected by heartbleed in
> cerowrt, openwrt, and others, see the advisory at:
>
> http://www.bufferbloat.net/news/50
>
> + resync with openwrt
>   notably there were updates to netifd, and a fix for a strongswan CVE
>
> + dnscrypt added as an optional package (thx stephen walker and "mailjoe")
> + snort added as an optional package
>
> +/- full dnssec
> - upgrade to httping 2.x broke
> - no sqm auto tuning yet

	Note, all you need is to put the word "auto" (without the quotes) in the fields named:
Latency target for ingress, e.g 5ms [units: s, ms, or us]; leave empty for default, or auto for automatic selection.
and
Latency target for egress, e.g. 5ms [units: s, ms, or us]; leave empty for default, or auto for automatic selection..

The bigger caveat is that the current implementation probably is not ideal and could need a bit of data guided optimization…

@Dave: if you think this is ready to be inflicted upon the greater cerowrt community I can see what is required to actually make SQM default to that behavior..

Best Regards
	sebastian