[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.36-6 released

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Mon Apr 21 15:18:33 EDT 2014

Hi Dave,

On Apr 21, 2014, at 21:09 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 1:46 PM, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>>

>> On Apr 19, 2014, at 22:01 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> + felix's wifi patch for bug #442 added
>>>  please break wifi.
>>>
>>> + debloat qlens reduced again to 12 for be and bk wifi queues
>>> + heartbleed fix from -3 forward
>>>
>>> I note that nearly every "secured"-by-openssl network facing daemon has been
>>> shown vulnerable to heartbleed. The hole in openvpn bit *me*, in
>>> particular. I've updated, rekeyed and re-certified the vpns I have in
>>> place, and you should too for any openvpn servers and clients you have
>>> too.
>>>
>>> It was a real PITA for me, and I only had a few boxes on it.
>>>
>>> For more details, see: http://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/heartbleed
>>>
>>> For more details on the daemons potentially affected by heartbleed in
>>> cerowrt, openwrt, and others, see the advisory at:
>>>
>>> http://www.bufferbloat.net/news/50
>>>
>>> + resync with openwrt
>>>  notably there were updates to netifd, and a fix for a strongswan CVE
>>>
>>> + dnscrypt added as an optional package (thx stephen walker and "mailjoe")
>>> + snort added as an optional package
>>>
>>> +/- full dnssec
>>> - upgrade to httping 2.x broke
>>> - no sqm auto tuning yet
>>
>>        Note, all you need is to put the word "auto" (without the quotes) in the fields named:
>> Latency target for ingress, e.g 5ms [units: s, ms, or us]; leave empty for default, or auto for automatic selection.
>> and
>> Latency target for egress, e.g. 5ms [units: s, ms, or us]; leave empty for default, or auto for automatic selection..
>>
>> The bigger caveat is that the current implementation probably is not ideal and could need a bit of data guided optimization…
>
> And more eyeballs.

	Oh, sure!

>> @Dave: if you think this is ready to be inflicted upon the greater cerowrt community I can see what is required to actually make SQM default to that behavior..
>
> Inflict away.

	Great, I just pushed a number of changes reworking the handling of IFB devices (WIP, lightly tested not fully complete but saner than the previous hard coding). I also snuck in the change I believe to me the last missing piece to change the "default" behavior to auto.
	How do I build an ilk packet from ceropackages? Then I could go and test a fresh install to see whether the committed changes actually chance the default ;). Oh and I do hope you have/will have a great vacation.

Best Regards
	Sebastian