[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.38-1 released

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 15:16:26 EDT 2014

On the previous try wifi stayed up 16hrs under a moderate load, and
fixed 2 of the 3 outstanding
dnssec/dnsmasq related issues so this rolls that up with a new kernel,
another noise rejection
patch for wifi, and downgrading the wifi multicast rate to the default 1mbit.

Get it at:

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/cerowrt/wndr/3.10.38-1/

+ merge with openwrt head
   ANI fix
   Some interface assignment stuff fixed
   Felix's queue patch (from previous release)
+ mcast_rate returned to default
+ Kernel upgrade to 3.10.38
   3.10.37 had a couple worthwhile looking patches, one for a routing bug
+ Tested with kindle, nexus 4, nexus 7 (new)

- it takes a while for checking the time to reset dnsmasq, and to
  get a default gw, thus some devices (a yamaha receiver, for one)
which try to get
  an address as soon as the ethernet goes up don't seem to get a gateway or
  dns right unless restarted after cero has fully initialized.

- untested with ipv6 (can't tunnel from this location, no native)

- on the (DSL) network I'm on I fail to get upstream dns servers

- still unknown what's going wrong after much traffic and much uptime.
Just because
I've only seen it fail once in 72 hours prior to the past two
releases, and none since
doesn't mean much. I plan to run a couple units under load for a
couple days, so feel
free to take a holiday from the endless upgrade cycle...

- in general I'm going to recomend a reboot after changes to wifi
interfaces for now