[Cerowrt-devel] [Dnsmasq-discuss] test-ipv6.com vs dnssec

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 15:07:06 EDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk> wrote:
> On 25/04/14 19:01, Jim Gettys wrote:
>> More specifically, after boot, most of the time test-ipv6.com reports lots
>> of problems.
>>
>> Then I turned off both dnssec and dnssec-check-unsigned, and restarted
>> dnsmasq; clean bill of health from test-ipv6.com.
>>
>> Then I turned on dnssec only, leaving dnssec-check-unsigned, and got a
>> clean bill of health.
>>
>> Then I turned on both at the same time, and things are working.
>>
>> So we seem to have a boot time race of some sort.
>>                               - Jim
>>

> test-ipv6.com is unsigned, so the important thing which is likely
> failing is the query for the DS record of test-ipv6.com, which should
> return NSEC records providing it doesn't exist, signed by .com

As one example of a registrar not with the program, name.com
(registrar for bufferbloat.net) does not allow for ds records to
come from it, so that domain can't be fully signed.

So it sounds to me as if negative proofs are not possible with
registrars that lack this support?

NSFW: https://w2.eff.org/Censorship/Internet_censorship_bills/russell_0296_indecent.article