[Cerowrt-devel] make-wifi-fast discussion starting up

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 13:58:52 EDT 2014

Given that cerowrt is getting pretty stable, I'd like to move on to
focusing harder on making wifi better, for all[1], and identifying the
scope of work involved so we can make forward progress in this area
more rapidly.

I have started an (at least temporarily private) mailing list to
discuss the structure of the new project and possibilities here:

There is also some preliminary work on a set of features, proposals,
funding ideas, manefestos, etc, on an (also temporarily private) page
on the bufferbloat.net website.

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/make-wifi-fast/

Please feel free to sign up for the mailing list and/or ask me
privately for access to the wiki (supplying your account name on the
website).

There is no certainty this new project will get off the ground at all;
I would like this time to have a saner funding picture before starting
work, among many other things, to also identify other projects and
vendors doing work in this area (is a focsed effort even needed?), and
get a grip on possible chipsets to target. Options are wide open as
for the backend structure of the project, what we do first, and
whether or not we even tackle wifi rather than something newer like
6lowpan.

[1] I'd like take a break from embedded hardware for a bit, and work
on something x86 derived...