[Cerowrt-devel] [Bloat] still trying to find hardware for the next generation worth hacking on

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 17:02:04 EDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 1:51 PM, Eric S. Raymond <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:
> Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com>:
>> At the moment, I'm thinking that instead of searching for a chipset,
>> and board, that merely issuing an RFP with the requirements of this
>> project and others associated with it, might find us a vendor willing
>> to help, with something new coming off the line... would anyone be
>> interested in helping write that?
>
> I can do critical reader and style editor.  If other people generate
> a content-complete rough draft I can beat it into something slick and
> persuasive.

Eric: That would be a big help, TIA!

one promising project is this one: https://www.turris.cz/en/

but it would make more sense to port the needed software (bql,
fq_codel, sqm) over
to it first and do some benchmarking before committing to using it and
getting it manufactured in more volume.

NSFW: https://w2.eff.org/Censorship/Internet_censorship_bills/russell_0296_indecent.article