[Cerowrt-devel] [Babel-users] ipv6 confusion with source specific gateways.

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 21:38:40 EST 2014

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>>> default from :: via fe80::201:5cff:ee62:b646 dev ge00 proto static metric
>>> 1024 # should I even have a default route at all?
>>
>> The source on this is actually ::/128
>
> You mean ::/0.
>
>> It is needed for IPv6 packets that originate on the host but where the
>> application doesn't specify an address to bind to.
>
> Yes, it is also needed to ensure interoperability between Babel-S and
> stock Babel.  (I really wish OpenWRT installed a non-specific route in
> that case, by the way.)

?

An issue I have had with owrt is that it used route to enter routes, which
does not support various tables (like dhcp, or babel-pinger).

I think, but am not sure, that netifd in chaos calmer actually calls
the routing commands directly now, so that
behavior could be more correct. I don't know what udhcp uses...

The unreachable syntax was also recently added to netifd, so exporting
covering routes has just got easier.

see: https://github.com/sbyx/hnetd/issues/23
for details.

thttp://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/Upcoming_Talks