[Cerowrt-devel] New FCC requirements and CeroWrt

Eric Schultz eschultz at prplfoundation.org
Tue Dec 9 13:56:43 EST 2014

Dave,

Thanks for the quick response and I appreciate your passion.

No one here wants Secure Boot or DRM at all. I personally find the
idea abhorrent and no one at prpl wants it. The difficulty is figuring
out how companies can comply with the regulation in a way that doesn't
require hardware be locked down. I wish I could avoid ever thinking of
this topic but unfortunately, if companies don't find a solution that
fulfills the FCC's requirements, they're going to go with DRM. I want
to see if we can give manufacturers a solution that avoids DRM
entirely.

I'd be happy to learn more about the make-wifi-fast effort and to see
how we can facilitate it's success.

Thanks a ton,

Eric

eschultz at prplfoundation.org