[Cerowrt-devel] how is everyone's uptime?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 19:42:37 EST 2014

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 4:32 PM, Aaron Wood <woody77 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do I win any prizes?  :)
>
> root at cerowrt:~# uptime
>  16:27:49 up 74 days,  7:14,  load average: 0.46, 0.17, 0.09
>
> root at cerowrt:~# free             total         used         free
> shared      buffers
> Mem:        126256        49652        76604            0            0
> -/+ buffers:              49652        76604
> Swap:            0            0            0
>
> root at cerowrt:~# df
> Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> rootfs                   14720     10912      3808  74% /
> /dev/root                14720     10912      3808  74% /
> tmpfs                    63128      1916     61212   3% /tmp
> tmpfs                      512         0       512   0% /dev
>
> I'm not running guest or babel networks, just the 2.4 and 5GHz networks.
>
> However, I did discover a number of core dumps from miniupnpd...

Please file a bug with the core dump. I can't remember how to turn those off
(or on) right now, it is a single sysctl, and I should have turned it
off, if I didn't.

kernel traps?

dmesg weirdnesses?

logmesg?

There are certainly a ton of accumulated cruft we can fix if and when we
recently with all the new stuff (sqm, cake), and it has been doing well.

But frankly, I would prefer for most of the chaos there to subside and to find
a new, additional platform, to be working on before resuming work,
that can do inbound shaping at up to 300mbit. And
to be more openwrt compatible in whatever we do, whatever that is.

And I remain torn between updating 3.10.50 or moving forward to 3.14
or later and making all you folk reflash.

I see this periodically on my 3.10.50 comcast gateway:

Thu Dec 11 16:31:28 2014 daemon.info xinetd[2082]: At least 1
DENY_TIME has expired, global_no_access list updated

Yea! blocking some probes from the outside world!

And this:

Thu Dec 11 16:31:55 2014 daemon.notice netifd: wan6 (1934): Command
failed: Unknown error
Thu Dec 11 16:32:25 2014 daemon.notice netifd: wan6 (1934): Command
failed: Unknown error

I am not happy with having a firewall reload for any reason but have
not summoned the
gumption to figure out how to do it more right.

as for this:

Thu Dec 11 14:58:56 2014 daemon.warn avahi-daemon[2144]: Received
packet from invalid interface.

It think this is also fending off an attacker. That said, mdns is what
the homewrt folk used for hnetd
(which has some big problems still in the daemons, and I have been
having a few exchanges with
the devs on that front.