[Cerowrt-devel] hwrngs

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 23:11:42 EST 2014

I am still quite irked by having to use /dev/urandom for important
tasks like dnssec key generation, and in wireless WPA. And like
others, distrust having only one source of random numbers in the mix.

I just ordered some of these

http://cryptotronix.com/2013/12/27/hashlet_random_tests/

Simultaneously while I was getting nsupdate dns working on cerowrt
from the yurt to the dynamic ipv6 stuff, my main dns server died, and
I decided
I'd move dns to a beaglebone black, so running across this hwrng made
me feel better about randomness on embedded systems.

I bought the last 5 Joshua had, sorry about that! I'd like to find something
that could run off the internal serial port on the wndr3800s... and
worth incorporating in future designs. (multiple vendors)