[Cerowrt-devel] hwrngs

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 11:25:01 EST 2014

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 8:17 AM,  <dpreed at reed.com> wrote:
> Any idea what the price will be in quantity?

No. Pretty cheap, it's a very tiny board....

http://cryptotronix.com/2013/12/27/hashlet_random_tests/

I got a discount for 5, and he has a couple left...

> The fact that it supports
> both BB black and RPi is great news for makers interested in authentication
> and security.

yep.

It is open hardware also, with a schematic supplied, open source
driver (not a kernel driver yet), I was very happy to support this
project.

I have looked for usb equivalents, btw, and haven't found anything
inexpensive. And in the case of cero I'd wanted something that could
run
on the internal serial header...

I note that theoretically the BBB also has an on-cpu hwrng but
documentation on it from TI is lacking. Perhaps someone could lean on
TI to free that information up in the post-snowden era?

(my take on it is the more hwrngs the better, one from china, one from
russia, one from the USA...)

/me goes back to converting his dns/mail/vpn server over to a BBB....