[Cerowrt-devel] Fwd: [Dnsmasq-discuss] Testers wanted: DNSSEC.

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Mon Feb 10 06:39:16 EST 2014

On 09/02/14 21:33, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
> Simon Kelley<simon at thekelleys.org.uk>  writes:
>
>> It's possible, indeed that's happened during testing. Dave, could you
>> talk me through getting the latest dnsmasq package on the 3800 you
>> gave me?
>
> The packages I've built are here:
> http://archive.tohojo.dk/cerowrt/wndr/3.10.28-4-tohojo/packages/
>
> They're packaged as libhogweed, libnettle, libgmp and dnsmasq-dhcpv6 --
> dunno if they're installable without further ado on your box. But if so
> you should be able to just download those four package files onto your
> router (stick them in /tmp to avoid running out of flash) and calling
> opkg to install them...

Great, thanks. I've done that and confirmed what you are seeing. At this
point I need to trace through the whole validation process in parallel
on working and broken platforms, to see where the two diverge.
(I've had to do this before. It was not fun, but it did produce
results.) I've installed gdb and can run dnsmasq under gdb, but the
binary is very thoroughly stripped, so I can't get any useful
information out. Best way to get a non-stripped dnsmasq binary on there?

Cheers,

Simon.