[Cerowrt-devel] more steps forward

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Mon Feb 17 16:52:29 EST 2014

HI Dave,

On Feb 17, 2014, at 20:36 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> -1) we are working on modernizing, replicating and securing key bits of the
> bufferbloat.net infrastructure.
>
> 0) I would like to push the sqm scripts and gui up to openwrt-devel
> for review soon. It's still missing some things I'd like - inbound
> diffserv to BE squashing,
> support for dynamically setting the target,

	Setting the target is still on my todo list; as you noted in the past we will run into an issue once the target gets larger than interval though; what about setting interval to max(100ms, 100ms + (-5ms + new_target)), so that even for long targets we have some interval to average over? Anybody with a better idea, please chime in. (My plan is to allow the user to specify a target ala "12ms" or leave it empty for default or "auto" to do the free scaling)

But my most urgent point is making it possible to actually disable SQM after enabling it :)

Also of medium importance would be mutual exclusivity with regards to openwrt QOS, the user should only be able to activate one of them… (Note that the openwrt recommendation for he existing 3 qos systems is simply, do not run/enable them concurrently, so doing nothing might be an option here)

I currently am pressed for time, so I can not promise to finish any of these three goals any time soon, but I will try…

best regards
	Sebastian