[Cerowrt-devel] IPV6 success on 3.10.28-14 with 6to4 tunnel and 6relayd

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 22:15:14 EST 2014

until very recently I was using the dnsmasq version of the RA stuff,
(basically uncommenting
everything in /etc/dnsmasq.conf )

I was under the impression that what I'd had switched to worked, but didn't
try this scenario. (it seems to work on the default gw box, but not internally)

I tend to pretty much run babel everywhere, too, which doesn't help...

Anyway, on the interior gateway I have going...

I statically assign something available from my /60 to the se00
interface, and I no longer get a message from
that interface saying this:

Mon Feb 24 03:07:03 2014 daemon.warn odhcpd[1318]: A default route is
present but there is no public prefix on gw00 thus we don't announce a
default route!
Mon Feb 24 03:07:03 2014 daemon.warn odhcpd[1318]: A default route is
present but there is no public prefix on sw00 thus we don't announce a
default route!
Mon Feb 24 03:07:03 2014 daemon.warn odhcpd[1318]: A default route is
present but there is no public prefix on gw10 thus we don't announce a
default route!
Mon Feb 24 03:07:03 2014 daemon.warn odhcpd[1318]: A default route is
present but there is no public prefix on sw10 thus we don't announce a
default route!

(so I assume it's trying to announce a default route to the se00
interface, or at least thinks it is)

I am seeing the /60 inserted into the local default table as well as a
generic route inserted by ras...

default from :: via fe80::8e:f2ff:fefa:a153 dev ge00  proto static  metric 1024
default from 2601:9:6680:530::/60 via fe80::8e:f2ff:fefa:a153 dev ge00
 proto babel  metric 1024

so I:

killall -1 odhcpd # this forces a RA

But in doing that, I am not seeing a default route announced via RA
via radvdump. Sigh.

    prefix 2601:X:Y:535::/64
    {
        AdvValidLifetime 7200;
        AdvPreferredLifetime 1800;
        AdvOnLink on;
        AdvAutonomous on;
        AdvRouterAddr off;
    }; # End of prefix definition

    RDNSS 2601:X:Y:535::1
    {
        AdvRDNSSLifetime 1800;
    }; # End of RDNSS definition

    DNSSL desk.armory.com
    {
        AdvDNSSLLifetime 1200;
    }; # End of DNSSL definition

/etc/config/dhcp has this in it, which sort of matches your 6relayd config

config dhcp 'se00'
        option interface 'se00'
        option start '2'
        option limit '26'