[Cerowrt-devel] Packet Pacing

Iain R. Learmonth irl at fsfe.org
Mon Feb 24 10:13:10 EST 2014

Sup,

I am attempting to perform some measurements using CoDel, PIE and
DropTail using the CeroWRT platform but the rate-limiting appears to be
happening before the queuing. The problem here is that there's no
bottleneck between the queue and the output and so the AQM isn't really
doing anything.

I'd like to pace packets being dequeued to allow for the creation of a
bottleneck where the output is the same link speed as the upstream link.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Iain.

--
urn:x-human:Iain R. Learmonth
http://iain.learmonth.me/
mailto:irl at fsfe.org
xmpp:irl at jabber.fsfe.org
tel:+447875886930

GPG Fingerprint: 1F72 607C 5FF2 CCD5 3F01 600D 56FF 9EA4 E984 6C49
Please verify out-of-band before trusting with sensitive information.

[[[ To any GCHQ or other security service agents reading my email: ]]]
[[[ Please consider if any professional body code of conduct to    ]]]
[[[ which you subscribe requires you to follow Snowden's example.  ]]]
[[[ Your professional membership, chartered or incorporated status ]]]
[[[ may be at risk.                                                ]]]