[Cerowrt-devel] Equivocal results with using 3.10.28-14

Aaron Wood woody77 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 11:38:31 EST 2014

Rich,

One thing that helped considerably on my my DSL link (21000/1200), was
turning on the Link Layer Adaptation.  With that, and efq_codel, I've been
very happy with the (nearly non-existent) latency.  Yeah, I lost a couple
percent off the top, but the behavior is better.  Although I was starting
from a much better base given that Free.fr's DSL modems already using
either fq_codel or RED (I'm not sure the specifics, but I think Dave Taht's
gotten them from Free.fr in the past).

Dave, the 40ms target is the buffer latency target?  or how often the drop
rates are recomputed?

-Aaron