[Cerowrt-devel] uplink_buffer_adjustment

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Tue Feb 25 11:46:25 EST 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Nicholas Weaver <nweaver at icsi.berkeley.edu
> wrote:

> On Feb 25, 2014, at 7:59 AM, Jim Gettys <jg at freedesktop.org> wrote:
> > So it is arguably a "bug" in netalyzr.  It is certainly extremely
> misleading.
> >
> > Nick?
>
> Rewriting it as a TCP-based stresser is definatly on our to-do list.

Good; though I'm not sure you'll be able to build a TCP one that fills the
buffers fast enough to determine some of the buffering out there (at least
without hacking the TCP implementation, anyway).

The other piece of this is detecting flow queuing being active; this makes
a bigger difference to actual latency than mark/drop algorithms do by
themselves.
                                  - Jim