[Cerowrt-devel] SQM Question #5: Link Layer Adaptation Overheads

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 11:29:02 EST 2014

Folks,

Thanks for all the good responses to this question. I have incorporated the info into the SQM page on the wiki, so that it now gives broad recommendations for each link type, and refers people to the (new) “Everything you wanted to know about Link Layer Adaptation” page.

This allows someone coming to CeroWrt for the first time to set up their router and get decent results that will be vastly better than any other router/firmware combo that they might encounter.

I think this makes our project more approachable, while still giving an inquiring mind the ability to tune their own installation.

You can read the new pages at:

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Setting_up_AQM_for_CeroWrt_310

-and-

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Everything_you_wanted_to_know_about_Link_Layer_Adaptation