[Cerowrt-devel] Perfection vs. Good Enough

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Sun Jan 12 22:49:42 EST 2014

Theodore Ts'o <tytso at mit.edu> wrote:
    > I take a backup snapshot of my config files, I will be able to roll
    > back to the last stable release, or a previous testing release, and
    > basic stuff such as firewall rules and DHCP MAC address to IP address
    > static assignments will be preserved.

I was thinking as I read this, that perhaps I need to write a patch to
include dynamic DHCP assignments in the config backup as well.  I don't think
they survived.

I like to upgrade by swapping hardware, but I noticed some systems got a
different address afterwards... it's okay, all non-techies use names...