[Cerowrt-devel] Managed to break 802.11n (on a 3800)

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sun Jan 19 15:01:29 EST 2014

Hi Toke,

On Jan 19, 2014, at 20:01 , Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:

> Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> hah. Calling it that is the opposite of my intent with default blow-up
>> of 802.11e - which has been to convince everyone it's busted and to
>> fix it.
>>
>> rrul_be ?
>
> Added an rrul_be test to netperf-wrapper git. Will do a new release
> version once I've fixed one or two other things. :)

	Great! just pull the repository.

I noticed the new "hostnames are mandatory police" kick in:

bash-3.2$ ./netperf-wrapper --list-tests
Available tests:
  cisco_5tcpup               :  RTT Fair Realtime Response Under Load
  cisco_5tcpup_2udpflood     :  Cisco 5TCP up + 2 6Mbit UDP
Error occurred: No hostname specified.

Maybe you could allow listing the tests without a hostname?

	Anyway., just ran the rrul_be test from my macbook to cerowrt and I still see the massive bias for upload of around 10:1, same as with rrul and rrul_coclassification, and tcp_bidirectional. When I ran tcp_bidirectional on the universities wireless network (the only test that actually runs there), I get larger downloads than uploads. Wireless is weird...

Best
	Sebastian