[Cerowrt-devel] notes on going for a stable release/replacement router

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 10:15:26 EST 2014

On Jan 20, 2014, at 10:00 AM, Maciej Soltysiak <maciej at soltysiak.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 7:07 AM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ** The wndr3800 is obsolete and fixing the next generation soon would be good
> On wndr3800 being obsolete... I was asked recently for a router recommendation.
> I wanted to say WNDR3800, but do we have anything better that is still
> that hackable?

The WNDR3800 is still about $100 on Amazon today (in the US). If someone wants to install it this week, it's a good deal. It's eminently hackable, it has an astonishing development team that has really addressed home networking, and they can get the benefit of all that now.

>> But this past christmas everything was 802.11ac, running on arm. The
>> ath10k is out and getting some love, too.
> We still don't know the specs of WRT1900AC, do we?

I received an initial response from Linksys, who said that they were busy taking care of the details after the CES show. They promised to have someone get back to me who could speak to the technical details.

It's the MLK holiday here in the US, so they are probably not working. I'll ping them tomorrow.

> Best regards,
> Maciej

Rich