[Cerowrt-devel] webrtc on cerowrt

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Sat Jan 25 14:20:30 EST 2014

On 25/01/14 16:28, Dave Taht wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This conversation here died, and I don't know if all the requisite packages
>> made it up to openwrt.
>>
>> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.embedded.cerowrt.devel/1268
>>
>> I was willing at the time (and still am) to have the relevant packages
>> in the ceropackages repo...
>
> I just pushed the 2012 package into ceropackages...

I was really hoping to get everything through openwrt but I'm happy to
work directly with cerowrt on this as well

The only progress with openwrt was the bdb c++ header package (one of
the build dependencies).  Everything else I contributed has been ignored
by the openwrt community, I find that quite disappointing and have
simply been contributing to other projects like Debian instead.

cerowrt has accepted the asio package directly so cerowrt is one step
closer to having WebRTC

>> http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/webrtc/infrastructure/
>>
>> There is a new resiprocate release with websocket support:
>>
>> http://www.resiprocate.org/ReSIProcate_1.9_Release

There is one new dependency for v1.9.0 - the cajun-jsonapi package:

https://github.com/cajun-jsonapi/cajun-jsonapi

It is a fairly trivial header package needed during compilation of
reSIProcate

One issue for me, to run cerowrt myself and test this stuff properly.
My own router is Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H (128MB RAM, 32MB flash)

I found my old TP-Link (32MB RAM) was not sufficient to run reSIProcate
with TLS support because of the amount of flash and RAM needed when
OpenSSL libraries are involved.

Will my Buffalo device be suitable for cerowrt or do I need to look at
other devices?