[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt issues (3.10.24-8)

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Wed Jan 29 14:55:40 EST 2014

Hi Steve,

On Jan 29, 2014, at 19:24 , Steve Jenson <stevej at fruitless.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:
> On January 29, 2014 5:10:18 PM CET, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 4:45 AM, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de>
> >wrote:
> >> Hi Dave,
> >>
> >> quick question, how does one turn of logging for babeld? It seems
> >that if daemonized it defaults to logging to /var/log/babeld.log (or
> >similar). Is setting the log file to /dev/null really the answer?
> >
> >seems so.
>
>       Okay, I guess I will try that then...
>
> Here's the directive I'm using in /etc/babeld.conf
>
> log-file /dev/null
>
> and then you can restart either via the web gui or `/etc/rc.d/S70babeld restart`

	Ah, thanks. Since I am on 3.10.28-1 this was /etc/init.d/babeld restart. And I opted for putting:
option 'log-file' '/dev/null'
into /etc/config/babeld, since that seemed the more openwork way of doing things; I wonder whether it really is wise to carry both files…
	Babeld runs again, and no /var/log/babeld.log appeared, but whether it works I do not know (and I doubt it given that babeld.log was growing due to nasty repeating error messages...)

Best Regards
	Sebastian