[Cerowrt-devel] coping with ipv6 source routing and dns

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Wed Jan 29 17:36:06 EST 2014

Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> writes:

> But this doesn't help in terms of reverse lookups (I think),
> where I might or might not have my own delegated subdomain.
>
> from
>
> someoption=
> comcast.assigned.ipv6.address.range/60 lookup via 2001:558:feed::1 or ::2
> someoption=
> he.assigned.ipv6.address.range/48 lookup via 2001:470:20::2

As in, reverse lookup comcast.assign.ipv6.address.range from server
2001:558...etc? Isn't that just another server= option for some part of
ip6.arpa?

> and then there's splitting dns... where I might want nuc.hm.armory.com
> AAAAs available to the outside universe. somehow.

Assign a parent domain to a public server and subdelegate as appropriate
From there? (I think?)

> My brain hurts.

Well the 'distributed' part of DNS is not really meant to be distributed
in the true non-hierarchal sense, I suppose. :P

-Toke