[Cerowrt-devel] [Bloat] Check out www.speedof.me - no Flash

Martin Geddes mail at martingeddes.com
Fri Jul 25 10:25:16 EDT 2014

You may find the following useful background reading on the state of the
art in network measurement, and a primer on ΔQ (which is the property we
wish to measure).

First, start with this presentation: Network performance optimisation using
high-fidelity measures
<http://www.slideshare.net/mgeddes/network-performance-optimisation-using-highfidelity-measures>
Then read this one to decompose ΔQ into G, S and V: Fundamentals of network
performance engineering
<http://www.slideshare.net/mgeddes/fundamentals-of-network-performance-engineering-18548490>
Then read this one to get a bit more sense on what ΔQ is about: Introduction
to ΔQ and Network Performance Science (extracts)
<http://www.slideshare.net/mgeddes/introduction-to-q-extracts>

Then read these essays:

Foundation of Network Science
<http://www.martingeddes.com/think-tank/foundation-network-science/>
How to do network performance chemistry
<http://www.martingeddes.com/think-tank/network-performance-chemistry/>
How to X-ray a telecoms network
<http://www.martingeddes.com/x-ray-telecoms-network/>
There is no quality in averages: IPX case study
<http://www.martingeddes.com/ipx-quality-averages/>

Martin

*For fresh thinking about telecoms sign up for my free newsletter
<http://eepurl.com/dSkfz> or visit the Geddes Think Tank
<http://www.martingeddes.com/think-tank/>.*
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/mgeddes> Twitter
<https://twitter.com/martingeddes> Mobile: +44 7957 499219 Skype: mgeddes
Martin Geddes Consulting Ltd, Incorporated in Scotland, number SC275827 VAT
Number: 859 5634 72 Registered office: 17-19 East London Street, Edinburgh,
EH7 4BN